Teaching our Purpose, Mission, Culture, and Priorities to our new team members at Winvention, check out this month’s Inside Kids2 feature on Vincent Liu.
Vincent Liu joined Kids2’s Winvention in February 2020 as our Training Manager for the newly opened factory. As part of the HR team, Vincent jumped right in greeting our Winvention new hires ensuring a fun & safe orientation. As many global team members were remote working from home, Vincent and the team found ways to ensure a safe onboarding even during questionable times. He kicks off their first day with icebreakers, welcome activities, a manufacturing tour, and our Kids2 Purpose, Kids2 Way, Growth Agenda & goals.
Now with over 450 Winvention team members and counting, Vincent continues to welcome our new kids on the block showcasing each part of our culture’s core values of collaborative, dedicated, entrepreneurial, and FUN!
Get to know more about Vincent with our recent interview going Inside Kids2 at Winvention:
- What is your role and how long have you been at Kids2? As the Winvention training manager, I am responsible for training and culture. I joined Kids2 on Valentine’s Day in 2020, having been with our company one year and one month now.
- What attracted you to Kids2 and manufacturing baby products? Kids2’s great culture and mission appeals to me. I really like the Kids2 Way 30 fundamentals, such as #30 Keep Things Fun, #8 Make a Difference, and so on. At the same time, Kids2 has a specific and ambitious mission to make it easier for parents to create more tiny wins so they can focus on building bright futures. This offers me a great opportunity for a better career and to be a better & smarter Dad.
- What is your Favorite Kids2 Way Fundamental? My favorite fundamental is #24 Be a Brand Ambassador. We, as members of Kids2, have the responsibility and obligation to spread positive energy and happiness as Kids2 has always done.
Vincent also leads and helped create the Winvention Krew ensuring our global culture spreads through all of our offices and factory. His Krew has led a number of Kids2 Activities, including Pink Day, Global Give Back Day, International Women’s Day, and more!
- With the major growth of Winvention and large amounts of team members onboarding, what did you find to be the most challenging part of the new hire process and building the team? With the booming growth of Winvention, we have hired more than 500 new team members last year hosting an average of three days of orientation training each! The work is huge but so worthy. Our team is willing to make the most of the three days to ensure new hires understand our Kids2 Way, grasp safety and health knowledge & skills, quality standard, position responsibility, and customer requirements.
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work is April 28. How do our teams at Winvention keep safety & health at top of mind all year long? Our EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) and HR team offer staff safety & health training before operation and special safety & health monthly check-ins for special positions, like maintainers, who work at heights or in a confined space. All supervisors remind team members daily about our safety protocols. Furthermore, Winvention organizes fire and emergency drills to teach our team how to escape and protect themseleves during emergency situations. We also play safety education videos throughout the factory so team members can always improve their safety awareness and skills every day.
- Tell me about a Tiny Win you have had while here at Kids2: The most impressive tiny win is Global Give Back Day as so many team members participated in the activity making a difference for local children and schools in a low economic neighborhood. Thanks for the Krew team!
With over 30++ global activities and organizations, Kids2 steps into our local communities every November for Global Give Back Day living our Purpose to create tiny wins for bright futures for families EVERYWHERE!
We believe bright futures should be in reach for every family. This includes families and organizations working to overcome difficult situations, focusing on those affected in many different areas.
Our Winvention team donated their time at a local junior school teaching children English and other service activities, including landscaping.
- What would you tell someone looking to work at Kids2? Why join the team? Don’t hesitate to join us and send your resume now!!! The team is one of the best, most fantastic teams. We create tiny wins every day in every area to build bright futures.
Kids2 is a global company that designs solutions to help early-stage parents and families create tiny wins that build bright futures. The Kids2™ brand portfolio includes the leading infant, baby, and toddler brands Baby Einstein®, Bright Starts®, and Ingenuity®. Headquartered in Atlanta, Kids2 spans globally with 12 offices on four continents serving customers in more than 90 countries and has been inventing and reinventing baby products for 50 years. Led by CEO Ryan Gunnigle, it operates with an agile start-up approach, which fosters the company’s growing success.