Globally, Kids II Honors Universal Children’s Day by Encouraging Team Members Worldwide to Volunteer at Organizations Serving Children
ATLANTA, Nov. 20, 2018—In honor of Universal Children’s Day and supporting its belief that bright futures should be in reach for all families, Kids II® held it’s first Global Give Back Day on Nov. 20. The organization’s global offices were closed so the entire global Kids II team could volunteer together on projects in local communities. Team members from the Atlanta corporate headquarters chose from five local volunteer opportunities: Shelter of Love, Books of Africa, Covenant House, Foster Care Support Foundation, and Mary Hall Freedom House Heavenly Angels.
“Our passion for making a difference in the lives of children and families extends well beyond our products. It is rooted by the premise that bright futures are a journey upon thousands of tiny wins,” said Dave Calhoun, Kids II president. “We take corporate responsibility seriously because it is an opportunity to create more of those tiny wins for families around the world.”
- Shelter of Love serves the needs of women who experience displacement due to domestic violence. Often, mothers and children are unable to bring any personal items when they leave their situation. Kids II will be collecting necessities, such as toiletries, laundry detergent, and washcloths to make 100 care packages that will be delivered to local shelters in the Atlanta metro area helping moms achieve tiny wins by providing personal care to themselves and their children.
- Books for Africa distributes books to children of all ages in Africa. Kids II Volunteers will assist with sorting and packaging donated books to be shipped to Africa so that mothers and children will experience a tiny win of holding their own book.
- The Covenant House helps transform and save the lives of more than a million homeless, runaway, and trafficked young people, providing housing and support services to 80,000 boys and girls every year. The Kids II team will initiate tiny wins through the joy of a new outfit by organizing the Clothing Closet, or helping a young person get ready for an interview by volunteering with Success Studio for Job Readiness, and by preparing sack lunches for youth to have access to a good meal.
- The Foster Care Support Foundation strengthens the ability of foster families to meet the needs of their foster children through community-based resources and education. Kids II volunteers will sort donations and size or restock the center for easy selection by foster children to experience a tiny win of getting food, clothing, and supplies they need.
- Mary Hall Freedom House Heavenly Angels offers a licensed daycare that provides therapeutic childcare focusing on educational, physical & emotional development of children, an after-school program, parenting training, family counseling, and psychological testing for families living in poverty. The Kids II volunteer team will help kids experience the tiny win of a magical holiday by decorating the interior and exterior of the Sandy Springs facility for the holidays and providing an arts & crafts activity with the children focusing on how the holiday season is celebrated around the world.
Universal Children’s Day was established by the United Nations in 1954.
Throughout the year, Kids II is actively involved in the community through annual team member volunteer hours, financial and product donations to organizations including Toys for Tots, Camp Twin Lakes, Camp Sunshine, Our House, New Story, and Pink Power Mom. Company volunteer hours include Kids II organized service opportunities, as well as eight hours of individual volunteer time allocated to Kids II team members annually to serve at an organization of their choice.